Senior Mechanical Engineer, Seattle
About Tetra Tech Inc.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of architecture, engineering, and technical services worldwide. We are a diverse company, including individuals with expertise in science, research, resource management, sustainable design, energy efficiency, construction, and information technology. Our strength is in collectively providing integrated services—delivering the best solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
In a complex world with competing demands for limited resources, Tetra Tech offers clear solutions made possible with sound science, understanding, innovation, and industry-leading approaches.
Senior Mechanical Engineer to provide lead professional services for the design of HVAC and plumbing systems for buildings and other infrastructure facilities. Building types include military housing facilities, data processing centers, vehicle maintenance facilities, waste water treatment facilities, health care facilities, laboratories, and educational facilities.
Lead Project Engineer providing design and other mechanical engineering services for HVAC and plumbing systems.
- Proposal preparation including fee estimating
- System selection
- Heating and Cooling loads using computer-based calculation methods.
- Psychrometric analysis
- System configuration, including ductwork and piping design.
- Equipment selection
- Static pressure calculations
- Hydronic system design
- Design of domestic hot and cold water, building sanitary sewer and industrial waste drain piping systems
- Coordination with architectural and structural design and other building systems
- Preparation of contract drawings and specifications; cost estimating
Other essential functions include:
- Computerized energy modeling
- Evaluation, assessment, and documentation of existing building mechanical systems
- Preparation of engineering reports
- Construction cost estimating
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 10 to 15 years of related experience with the design of building mechanical systems.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD required.
- Proficiency in Revit or other BIM tools preferred.
- Working knowledge of applicable Building, Mechanical, Energy, and Plumbing codes.
- Working knowledge of industry design standards such as ASHRAE, SMACNA, NFPA, etc.
- Background in publically funded facilities projects including municipal, state, and federal.
- Background in design-build project delivery as well as traditional design-bid-build.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- EIT required, PE Professional Engineering license required.
- LEED Accredited Professional certification preferred.
Tetra Tech offers an excellent benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 23 Days of TOWP, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, and Stock Purchase Program.
We are actively pursuing candidates to join our team and contribute to our professional excellence. Tetra Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including, women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Joe Berhorst - Human Resource Manager