Residential handouts and forms, posted at:
- Handout on New and Replacement Heating Equipment: Single-Family Residential Requirements in the 2009 Energy Code:
Provides an overview of key requirements for (1) minimum heating equipment efficiency, (2) heating equipment sizing, (3) duct testing for air leakage, (4) permanent Energy Code certificate, and (5) other associated components.
- Heating Equipment Sizing Form (Single-Family and Multifamily Residential): Provides a simple form for calculating loads to size heating equipment. This form is tailored to the Seattle winter design temperature of 24 F (the 46 degree temperature difference used equals 70 F inside minus 24 F outside).
- Single-Family Residential Target UA Form: Provides an alternate compliance option for projects which do not comply with the prescriptive requirements.
- Single-Family Residential Lighting Form: Provides a calculation of what percentage of the luminaires (light fixtures) are high-efficacy.
- Single-Family Residential Certificate for Posting Energy Code Information at Building Site: Provides a blank master for Energy Code information to be posted at the building site
Nonresidential and Multifamily Residential form, posted at:
- The electronic version of the Building Envelop Target UA/SHGCA/VTA form (2009sec-ENV.xls, 756 KB) has been updated to correct several formatting and formula issues. If you previously downloaded this form, please replace it with this newer version.
- The electronic version of the Mechanical form (2009sec-MECH.xls, 597 KB) has been updated to unlock the date cell. If you previously downloaded this form, please replace it with this newer version.
Work is underway to update the Seattle Energy Code website, CAMs, and Director’s Rules. See the “2009 Seattle Energy Code Update” link in the upper right hand corner of the Seattle Energy Code homepage: www.seattle.gov/dpd/energy . New material will be posted as it becomes available.
John Hogan, AIA, P.E.,LEED Accredited Professional
Seattle Department of Planning & Development (DPD)
700 Fifth Avenue, Suite 2000
P.O. Box 34019
Seattle, WA 98124-4019
Seattle Energy Code website: