Chapter 16, On-Site Renewable Energy Systems, of the 2009 Seattle Energy Code is now in effect. http://buildingconnections.seattle.gov/2011/08/01/2009-seattle-energy-code-chapter-16-on-site-renewable-energy-systems-now-in-effect/
- DR 11-2011 (Alternate Means of Compliance to Energy Code Requirements for On-Site Renewable Energy Systems) has been published, so per Section 1601 of the 2009 Seattle Energy Code, Chapter 16 is now in effect.
- Consequently, all permit applications submitted on 14 July 2011 or later must comply with Chapter 16 of the 2009 Seattle Energy Code.
- Attached is a copy of Director's Rule 11-2011 (DR 2011-11.docx).
- Copies can also be downloaded from the link on the Seattle Energy Code website at http://www.seattle.gov/DPD/Codes/Energy_Code/Overview/dr_summary.asp
- The previous versions of the Seattle Energy Code dating back to the year 2000 have now been posted on the Seattle Energy Code website. These earlier versions can all be downloaded from the Seattle Energy Code History page which is accessed from the right hand navigation tab on the Seattle Energy Code homepage at: http://www.seattle.gov/DPD/Codes/Energy_Code/Overview/history.asp.
- The single-family residential tips and the multifamily and nonresidential tips have been revised for consistency with the 2009 Seattle Energy Code. These can be accessed from the right hand navigation tab on the Seattle Energy Code homepage.