ASHRAE Announces Fall Online Courses
ATLANTA – A full slate of online courses touching on a range of built environment topics is being offered by ASHRAE this fall.
The 11 ASHRAE Learning Institute courses provide professional development through in-depth information that is timely, practical and targeted to provide engineers in consulting practices, facility management or supplier support with instruction on applying ASRHAE standards and employing new technologies essential for advanced building performance. The online courses allow attendees to learn from anywhere with an Internet connection. Course participants earn continuing education credits and qualify for Professional Development Hours for each course completed. Courses are instructor-led, drawing upon professional knowledge of leading practitioners.
The courses are:
• District Cooling and Heating Systems: Central Plants, Sept. 10
• The Commissioning Process and Guideline 0, The Commissioning Process (co-sponsored with the Building Commissioning Association, Illuminating Engineering Society and National Environmental Balancing Bureau), Sept. 24
• Basics of Air-to-Air Energy Recovery, Sept. 26
• Basics of High-Performance Building Design, Oct. 8
• Advanced High-Performance Building Design, Oct. 10
• Complying with ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2010, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings: HVAC/Mechanical, Oct. 15
• Complying with Standard 90.1-2010: Envelope/Lighting, Oct. 17
• Fundamental Requirements of ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2010, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, Oct. 22
• Energy Management in New and Existing Buildings, Oct. 24
• Energy Modeling Best Practices and Applications: HVAC/Thermal – Parts 1 and 2, Sept. 11 and 13
• Implementing ANSI/ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2011, Standard for the Design of High-Performance, Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings, Parts 1 and 2, Sept. 17 and 19