Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Living Building Challenge Road Show
Cascadia Region Green Building Council is presenting their upcoming Living Building Challenge Road Show being held in Seattle, May 5th. We would like to offer members of the Puget Sound ASHRAE a 10% discount to the event.
This full day workshop will share the tenets of the Living Building Challenge, highlight resources and design strategies, and address the various perceived barriers and incentives related to high performance design.
Workshop attendees are entitled to a one-year membership into the Living Building Community. This on-line resource offers direct engagement with professionals currently working on Living Building Challenge projects, as well as the authors of the performance standard. Community members have access to the User's Guide, which includes the technical information and documentation requirements necessary to strive towards certification.
The tenets of Living Building Challenge include net zero energy and net zero water. The Standard addresses limits to growth and urban agriculture, biophilia and toxic-free environments. It includes requirements on social equity and beauty, with an emphasis on inspiration and education to promote the rapid advancement of true sustainability in our built environment.
If these ideas interest you to learn more and inspire you to lead the way in your community, please join us for this cutting-edge educational opportunity.
- Instruction from expert faculty
- FREE one-year membership in the Living Building Community ($125 value)
- Continental breakfast and lunch provided
- Approved for 6 AIA Learning Units
- Approved for 6 GBCI Continuing Ed Hours
- Identify the key components of the Living Building Challenge
- Describe the Living Building Challenge community resources and certification process
- Discuss the rationale for restorative design principles
- Understand successful strategies for compliance with each performance area (Site, Water, Energy, Health, Materials, Equity, and Beauty)
- Recognize financial, regulatory and behavioral barriers and incentives related to high performance design
Date: May 5th, 2010
Time: 8:30am - 3:30 pm
Place: The Vashon Room at The Westin Hotel, 1900 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101
Cost: $345 non-members
$310 members of Partner organizations (this means your membership!)
$295 ILBI community members
$230 if you are attending our Living Future unConference May 5 - 7th!
For more information: www.ilbi.org/roadshow
Living Future 2010 www.cascadiagbc.org/living-future/10