Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Department Manager
Responsible for developing HVAC and plumbing system concepts and designs for commercial, light industrial, and critical environment (lab, hospital, data center) facilities with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates design with other team members (Design Team, Project Manager, Superintendent) to ensure design meets customers’ expectations at quoted cost.
• Performs HVAC load calculations (Carrier HAP program) and plumbing system sizing calculations.
• Makes cost and quality effective decisions on system selections, including equipment selections and layout.
• Calculates duct and piping/plumbing sizing and layout of full systems.
• Plan, elevation, and detail drawings. Full equipment schedules with detailed control sequences of operation.
• Participates in meetings with clients at their offices and the job sites.
• Coordinates CAD work with Engineering/CAD Department Supervisor.
• Identifies and communicates concerns with project schedule, design budget, or technical issues to supervisor.
• Stays current in knowledge of construction codes and design issues/techniques.
• Discusses current projects with supervisor weekly.
• Adheres to Engineering Department and company standards and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.S. degree in Engineering plus a minimum of six years experience in design of commercial and light industrial Mechanical systems and/or training. Must have intimate knowledge of the Uniform and International Codes, Washington and Seattle Energy Codes, SMACNA and ASHRAE. Computer skills for various MS Office products, equipment selection programs and load program techniques is required--familiarity with latest version of AutoCAD is desired.
Visit our website at http://www.hermanson.com/ for a complete job description. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org