Friday, May 14, 2010
Washington State Non-Residential Energy Code Webinar Series
The Northwest Energy Efficiency Council is offering a three-part webinar series about the 2009 Non-Residential Energy Code. Experts from the industry will discuss significant changes in the upcoming code and address frequently asked questions. (Note that the 2009 Washington State Energy Code now requires occupancies other than single family residential to comply with the NREC section of the code.)
Topic highlights include:
LIGHTING & ENERGY METERING WEBINAR
Monday, May 24th from 10:00-11:00am
Presented by NEEC staff and Michael Lane, LC, of the Lighting Design Lab
• Interior and exterior lighting power allowances
• Lighting system control requirements
• Specific daylight zone control requirements
• New chapter on Energy Metering
MECHANICAL SYSTEMS WEBINAR
Thursday, May 27th from 10:00-11:00am
Presented by NEEC staff and Scott Rushing, PE, LEED® AP, of the Rushing Company
• Mechanical equipment efficiency requirements
• Economizer requirements and exceptions
• Variable flow requirements for hydronic systems
• Appendix G based RS-29 systems analysis
• Commissioning documentation requirements
BUILDING ENVELOPE WEBINAR
Tuesday, June 1st from 10:00-11:00am
Presented by NEEC staff and John Hogan, AIA, PE, LEED® AP, of the Seattle Department of Planning and Development (DPD)
• Area weighting guidelines for opaque envelope
• Air leakage criteria and documentation requirements
• Solar heat gain coefficient requirements and projection factor multipliers
• Specific requirements for cold storage facilities
All webinars are free, however you must register to be able to view the live presentations and submit questions. To participate all you need is a desktop browser and a telephone.
Simply click on the listed webinar title above.
Contact Lisa at the Northwest Energy Efficiency Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for this webinar series is provided by the Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance.
Posted by Puget Sound ASHRAE at 7:07 AM